Welcome to my portfolio page and thank you for being here.
I am Carole Poirot, stylist, foodie and photographer of all images here.
Originally from Paris, I have previously also lived in Germany and have settled in in the UK in 1998 and in London in particular in 2009.
I am passionate about interiors and styling, food, painting and photography. I love strolling through Shoreditch as much as visiting historic buildings, wandering through the countryside, spending time searching for treasures at markets, laughing with friends, or relaxing with my two men - my partner and son.
I started photography as a teenager with a Praktica film camera and even though I didn't have the confidence to pursue it further back then, I never gave up on the idea of one day making a career of it. Through customers asking for a combination of my skills, I am now able to combine styling, cooking and photography.
My style is in essence very French. My parents' house had always been full of treasured items found on travels, handed down heirlooms, white walls and muted colours and despite some early year rebellion against it, I have happily accepted it as my earliest influence and have derived my own look from it . It's a style that doesn't shout for attention or moves with every fashion trend. Instead, it aims to quietly draw the observer in. Just like my home, my styling and photography combine a mainly muted colour palette, vintage and nature finds, textures and a feeling of warmth with just the occasional small touch of pared down glamour.
What I can offer:
- Styling and photography all in one which means you're saving on costs
- Being able to style and photograph at the same time means I know how to set up a shot for the camera, thereby saving time and money
- I can provide props or source to your specifications
- I am able to work within food styling/photography as well as interiors/props styling and photography
- I can represent your products in the best possible way by styling them in my own style but always to fit your brand
- I travel light and am a daylight/natural light photographer. That means I won't arrive with a lorry full of bullet-proof cases with gear and am able to shoot in relatively small spaces
- I'm happy to take on commissions within the UK and abroad
If you have any further question or are interested in working with me, please feel free to contact me by using the contact form. I would love to hear from you.
The important small print:
All photographs on this site are created and copyrighted by me. Please do not use them for any commercial purposes without explicit written permission from me. For private use, please be kind enough to credit whenever you share anything from this site.
All rights reserved.
© Carole Poirot 2017